The Softline story began in 1983. And, as is appropriate in the IT industry, it begins with a young genius – Peer Blumenschein, who was then aged 16. He began selling software for the new desktop computers that came to Germany from the USA. By 2000, Softline had established itself as a well-known software reseller and as one of the first to offer online and download services. Today, Softline is an international company focusing on IT consulting and support. And it continues to grow.
Milestones along the road to success.
- 03/2015: Softline is awarded for the third time in a row by Flexera Software as "EMEA Partner of the Year"
- 01/2015: Softline AG resolves on capital increase for further growth02/2015: Softline AG increases share capital to approximately 10.3 million € by issuing 536,189 no-par shares03/2015: Softline is awarded for the second time in a row by Flexera Software as "EMEA Partner of the Year"10/2015: ITAM Review draws Softline for the second year in a row as "Best in Class SAM Managed Service Provider"10/2015: Softline Solutions opens office in London
- Softline AG announces changes to its Management Board: Sokrates Koutounidis resigns from the Board with effect from the end of March 2014 Former CFO Martin Schaletzky succeeds him as director with effect from 1 April 201416 May 2014: Softline AG and Softline Systems & Services separate with immediate effect
- Increase in SAM activities in Belgian and Luxembourg markets; ASIST exits from the Softline Group but remains a strategic partnerSoftline AG announces changes to its Management Board: Bernd Wagner resigns from the Board with effect from the end of April 2013 // Sokrates Koutounidis succeeds him as director with effect from 1 May 2013Prof. Dr. Knut Löschke was elected as the new chairman of the supervisory board on October 23rd, 2013, after Bernhard von Minckwitz had to resign from his office for personal reasons
- XPERTLINK GmbH establishedSoftline AG successfully completes restructuring. Activities in Norway are discontinued / Activities in Belgium are focused into a single companyRestructuring of the Management Board: Harry Kloosterman and Christoph Harvey leave the company / Bernd Wagner takes over the management of Softline AG as sole director
- Appointment of Harry Kloosterman and Bernd Wagner to the Management BoardAcquisition of French company STR (Software Technology Resources) S.A.S.Prof. Knut Löschke resigns from the Softline AG Management BoardBelgian company Softline Solutions N.V. establishedSoftline Systems & Services GmbH establishedAcquisition of Belgian company ASIST BVBA
- Acquisition of Norwegian company Stover ASSoftline Solutions Netherlands B.V. establishedRelocation of Group headquarters to LeipzigSoftline Solutions GmbH establishedAppointment of Prof. Knut Löschke to the Management Board100% acquisition of Prometheus GmbH
- Sale of TradeMail Distribution GmbH
- Appointment of Christoph Harvey (nee Michel) as new Chair of the Management BoardMerger of TradeUp and Maily under the TradeMail Distribution nameAcquisition of a further 5% stake in Prometheus GmbH
- Acquisition of a 100% stake in Maily Distribution GmbHSoftline AG acquires a 60% stake in Prometheus GmbH
- Company founder and Supervisory Board member Peer Blumenschein retires from Softline AG as major shareholder
- Sale of Swiss subsidiary; concentration on the core German market
- Softline AG moves to Deutsche Börse AG’s General StandardDivestment of Rapid Plc, UK, Softline Benelux BV, the Netherlands, NPR Software Ltd., Ireland and WSKA S.A., FranceTrade Up Distribution GmbH, Offenburg, Germany established
- Acquisition of UK company Rapid Group and Swiss company Trade UpMarket launch of own brands WSKA and Orlogix
- Initial public offering – on 14 February Softline is floated on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange’s Neuer Markt
- Softline is one of the five best known companies in the IT sector in Germany according to the "online-offline 10/96" study by news magazine Spiegel
- Softline established