The Softline story began in 1983. And, as is appropriate in the IT industry, it begins with a young genius – Peer Blumenschein, who was then aged 16. He began selling software for the new desktop computers that came to Germany from the USA. By 2000, Softline had established itself as a well-known software reseller and as one of the first to offer online and download services. Today, Softline is an international company focusing on IT consulting and support. And it continues to grow.
Milestones along the road to success.
- Sale of TradeMail Distribution GmbH
- Company founder and Supervisory Board member Peer Blumenschein retires from Softline AG as major shareholder
- Sale of Swiss subsidiary; concentration on the core German market
- Initial public offering – on 14 February Softline is floated on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange’s Neuer Markt
- Softline is one of the five best known companies in the IT sector in Germany according to the "online-offline 10/96" study by news magazine Spiegel
- Softline established